Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A few poems from the week..

Firestorm
Fires burning everywhere,
MalibuConfusion of a seven year-old child.
Mom. Mom, why aren’t you here.
Only one phone call a day,
Waiting weeks to see her again.
The day would come, but
Visit at school to say she can’t stay.

Gone again, just like that.
Sick to my stomach. Constant fear, comfort
Of strangers, and bean bag chairs.
Do I leave my home?
Or do I wait and stay?
The air is gray now - ash.

Flames, rolling over the hills.
Brightness in the night.
Neighbors packing their bags,
Watering their wood shingled roofs.
I stayed in one place.
Waiting for the moment you come
Home, away from Firestorm of ’93.

First
The first time, you feel
Your heart burn in passion.
The first time, you feel
Secure in the unknown.
It’s the first love, the first time,
All fairy tales seem real.
The first time, you feel,
Your heart crack in every angle.
The first time, you feel,
Alone even though everyone is present.
It’s the first break, the first time,
The reason I feel,
I should have a army surrounding my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment